In the meantime, here’s a little something about our farm…
We are Amir Abdelmalek and Diana Boeke. We’re a husband-and-wife team who took a huge leap of faith in 2011 when we quit our jobs, bought a small farm, and started trying to make a living with virtually no farming experience. What’s with Glean Acres, you ask?
Glean: to gather (something) slowly and carefully in small pieces; to gather (the useful remnants of a crop) from the field after harvesting.
Glean Acres: A small farm where we gather the pieces that make up the good life; living as stewards of the land and animals, in service to our Creator and community.
- Pastured, free-range chicken
- Fresh vegetables and salad makings
- Seasonable small fruits and melons
- Specialty produce
We use organic growing methods and emphasize heirloom varieties: No harmful pesticides or herbicides, no GMOs, and we’re soil friendly! We raise our chickens with care, giving them top quality, GMO-free feeds, as well as plenty of room to forage on fresh pasture.
You can find us and our products at our farm–just call first to set a time–or at farmers’ markets.
- Glean Acres, LLC: Year-round! 3099 Leon Road, Culpeper, Va 22701 (That’s what you put in Google Maps, though we are technically in Madison County.) Call first to make sure we’re there: 571-251-7828.
- Madison County Farmers’ Market: Saturdays, May – October, 8am to 12noon, Hoover Ridge Park on Fairgrounds Road. (Across the street at the Young Farmers’ Pavilion on rainy days and some special event days.)
We are also co-founders of and growers for Madison Eats Local Food Club, a seasonal CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) supplying members with weekly fresh, local produce grown with organic methods at Glean Acres and Sunrise Gardens. Pick ups are Wednesdays May-November. See the about section at www.facebook.com/madisoneats for details.
Thanks for stopping by our website, and stop by our farm most anytime!
Amir Abdelmalek and Diana Boeke